Saturday, January 24, 2009

In order to intern for the Eagle forum at the capitol, they asked us to complete an essay on why we want to intern and what we wish to get from the experience, So... here's my essay.



Fourteen years ago I was born to two wonderful people. a mother who taught me of the gospel and God's love for me, and a father with a fervent passion for history, freedom and patriotism, who instilled in my the same passions while I was but a small child. That passion slowly grew until it became an unquenchable fire!

Now I know who I am, I know of the many sacrifices of brave, patriotic men and women who fought for my freedom and happiness, I know what this country was and is founded upon, and I have seen the plans of evil and conspiring men to destroy that foundation and make void the many sacrifices of those men and women.

Now I am filled with a burning desire to heal and keep my country free! To protect my rights, and the rights of every man, woman and child living in this promised and blessed land, but I am still very young and, for long while, have not know how, at my age I could be of any use to my country.

Until now!

Now I have the opportunity to serve my country as an intern at the Utah state capitol, to aid those who have the same passions and dreams as I. I have the opportunity to learn of the workings and proceedings of our congress and to work alongside modern heroes sacrificing and fighting to preserve the truths and rights which are being threatened, those same truths and rights for which our fore fathers fought so diligently.

My goal in interning is to learn all I can about myself and my country to help prepare me for my future so I may make the biggest difference I can, and serve my country to the fullest of my ability.

1 comment:

  1. Who is this???? This cannot be my baby niece Alyssa who threw up on me countless times!!! I am so proud of you and how grown up you are! Well done and keep it up!!

    Much Love
    'tine and dario

    ReplyDelete